Schooling has failed me
I went through years of schooling and I didn’t learn anything to prepare me for life after school.
On a recent walk, my wife and I were discussing how we’ve both been through many years of school[^1] and we feel totally unprepared for adulthood.
We were never taught how to:
* Prepare meals from fresh foods
* Find time and motivation to exercise
* Setup savings
* Make and keep a budgets
* Prepare for retirement
* How to keep a house in good repair
* Plan for unexpected expenses
* How to care for a car
* How to manage a credit card
* How to buy in bulk to cut costs
* How to research and choose the best product for you
* How to buy a car
* Splitting bills with roommates
What do you feel you were never prepared to handle as an adult?
[^1]: She holds a Master’s Degree and I a Bachelor’s.