Schooling has failed me
I went through years of schooling and I didn’t learn anything to prepare me for life after school.
On a recent walk, my wife and I were discussing how we’ve both been through many years of school1 and we feel totally unprepared for adulthood.
We were never taught how to:
- Prepare meals from fresh foods
- Find time and motivation to exercise
- Setup savings
- Make and keep a budgets
- Prepare for retirement
- How to keep a house in good repair
- Plan for unexpected expenses
- How to care for a car
- How to manage a credit card
- How to buy in bulk to cut costs
- How to research and choose the best product for you
- How to buy a car
- Splitting bills with roommates
What do you feel you were never prepared to handle as an adult?
She holds a Master’s Degree and I a Bachelor’s. ↩